Memphis Solar Panels
The city of Memphis is known worldwide as the Home of the Blues and Rock ‘n’ Roll, as well as the home of Elvis Presley. And there’s a new way to power all those electric guitars and microphones. With electricity costs rising, the smart way to power your home and save money for decades is to switch to clean solar energy. When you get solar panels with ADT Solar, you gain energy independence, and your own electricity source.
The city of Memphis, aside from having an exciting and vibrant music scene, also has some gorgeous parks. Sadly, the state relies on dirty fossil fuels. Both harvesting and refining these fuels creates pollution. By utilizing clean and free energy from the sun, Memphis residents can reduce pollution and the cost of electricity. Solar panels generate power for your home or business, and you only pay for extra electricity you need from the utility grid.
Not only are solar panels better for the environment, but going solar has never been cheaper for Memphis residents. That’s especially true with the federal and state incentives available to help you reduce the cost of your solar panels. And with ADT Solar’s unmatched warranty and guarantee, you can be confident your new solar panels will last for a very long time.
The Federal Tax Credit
The federal government currently offers one of the best incentives available. The solar investment tax credit is available to both home and business owners who qualify. It is equal to 30% of the total cost of your Memphis solar panel system. That’s including installation!
Imagine you’ve purchased a solar panel system from ADT Solar, and the total cost was $18,000. 30% of that is $5,400, and that’s what you would receive in tax credits! If you don’t use all the tax credits the first year, the remaining credits are rolled over to the next. The 30% tax credit goes through the end of 2032, then steps down to 26% in 2033 and then 22% in 2034.
Increasing the Value of Your Home
Aside from providing you with decades of free electricity, solar panels also help your house. Solar panels increase the value of a home, on average, by $15,000 or more. This fantastic perk is especially great if you ever need to sell your house. And because renewable energy is becoming more and more desirable, your house may even sell faster. Not a bad deal at all.
Even the experts agree! In a comprehensive report done by the US Department of Energy and National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), they found out having solar panels installed to your home helps sell your home faster and get more money for it!
On average, solar panels add $20 of value for every $1 you save on your electric bill. So if you saved $200 a month on your electric bill with solar panels, you’d have an additional $4,000 of value added to your home.
And again in 2015 the Department of Energy and Berkeley Laboratory confirmed these findings with another study on the real estate market. After analyzing 22,000 homes, they found that homes with solar panels fetched a higher asking price than those without. About $4/watt, which comes out to be around $15,000 for residential, depending on your home and solar system.
In addition, solar panels can help your property spend less time on the market. In another study done by NREL, they found that solar properties earned about 17% more at closing, in addition to selling 20% faster.Start Saving Today
Sales Tax Exemption for Memphis Solar Panels
The solar tax credit is pretty awesome, but there’s another incentive in Memphis if you want to go solar. In the state of Tennessee, there’s currently a sales tax between 7%-10%. On a smaller purchase, like some new shoes, or groceries, it might not seem like a big deal. But for a large purchase, the sales tax can add hundreds of dollars or more to the final price.
That is, unless you’re buying solar panels. The state of Tennessee has graciously waived the sales tax when it comes to solar energy systems. So if you live in Memphis, you can go solar without having to worry about sales tax.
Solar Panel Installation in Memphis: Choosing the Right Solar Provider
There are many benefits of going solar in Memphis, but of course you want to be well-informed before you make the final switch. Here are some of the top things to be on the lookout for when choosing a solar panel installer in Memphis.
- Expertise: Your solar installer should have expertise in the solar industry. A company with expertise means they’ve established for more than a few years and have thousands of installations under their belt. Another thing to be on the lookout for is if the solar company has roofing experience. It’s good to know the company handling your solar installation for your house’s roof knows their way around roofs.
- Inhouse team: Many solar companies subcontract their installation employees. Solar companies who use in house installers are much more reliable and experienced.
- Credentials: A reputable solar installation company will have all of the necessary licenses, insurance policies and credentials needed for all areas they operate in. They should be listed on their website and easy to find. A company with all credentials will meet all of the state standards and is certified as a legitimate business.
- Reputation: Reading solar company reviews is a great place to start. Keep an eye out for companies that respond to their customer reviews and respond in a professional and timely manner. Companies who care about their customers will be helpful and thankful to their customers. Another bonus is to look for a solar company that has won awards and been named in the top of their industry.
- Warranties: Warranties are a very important factor when considering solar installation companies. Many solar companies do not have reliable warranties. When buying an expensive system, you want to protect your investment with warranties and knowing you’re backed up by the company for years to come.
SOLAR INSTALLERS Memphis: ADT SOLAR, ONE OF THE TOP SOLAR COMPANIES IN THE NATION
Since 2008, ADT Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement experts
Our solar installers are experienced, our solar panels come from high-performing, high-quality brands such as LG and microinverters and batteries from Enphase. Each of our installations comes with our 25-year warranty and guarantee. Our solar panels also have 25 year manufacturer’s warranties, and Enphase microinverters come with their own 25 year warranty. We will also perform a FREE home energy audit to help you be as energy efficient as possible.
ADT Solar services the greater Memphis area. We offer turnkey solar solutions so that you can get your solar panels without having to worry about a thing.
SOLAR INSTALLATION QUOTE FOR MEMPHIS RESIDENTS
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options.
We install solar and roofs in Memphis and surrounding areas. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get free solar quotes for your particular needs.Start Saving Today
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Beverly Watson – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A big “Thank you” to the crew! An extra Thank You to Chris for his knowledge and help with redesigning my panel arrays to make them more esthetically appealing. The crew was courteous, professional, and efficient. They obviously took pride in their work, making sure they left a satisfied customer.
*Tax and credits or incentives including those provided by federal, state, or local governments may change or
end. This can impact the amount of money you might save. Consult a tax professional to understand any tax
liability or eligibility for any tax credits that may result from the purchase of your solar system.
**If you have taxable income and own the system, you may qualify for the federal investment tax credit (ITC). It
is your responsibility to determine your eligibility and to apply. Consult a qualified tax professional for
assistance and details.