Trusted Solar Company in Arizona
ADT Solar, a top residential installer, is proud to offer Arizona residents a reliable choice for a solar energy company. We can assess your home energy usage to help you decide whether solar is the right choice for you.
Arizona is home to a few of the sunniest cities in the entire world averaging around 4,000 hours of sunshine each year. That means powering your home with solar energy in Arizona is a bright idea.
We get to know our customers and their household energy usage to find the best solar solutions possible. If you’re not sure where to start, a free consultation from one of our solar specialists can help educate you on solar and explain your options.
Why Choose ADT Solar?
At ADT Solar, our goal is to provide homeowners in Arizona with quality solar installations and excellent customer service. Our solar experts work with you to design a solar energy system that fits your financial and energy needs.
We include a free home energy audit to demonstrate how you can be receiving additional energy savings with an energy-efficient home. Not only do we partner with industry-leading manufacturers like LG and Enphase to ensure your solar panels are top of the line, but we proudly offer 25-year warranties for peace of mind.
Benefits of ADT Solar:
- 25 Year Labor Guarantee
- 25 Year Power Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Panel Module Performance Guarantee
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverters Guarantee
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
As a trusted solar company in Arizona, we work to keep you informed every step of the way so you are left with satisfying results. We also offer financing options for home solar systems.
Are Solar Panels Worth It in Arizona?
Here are a few other important reasons people in your area are switching to solar energy, and why now is a great time to switch.
- Save the Environment – Now is even more important than ever to find ways to reduce impact on the environment. Installing solar panels offers you energy self-sufficiency and decreases your carbon footprint. Do your part for the environment while freeing yourself from high electric bills.
- Decreasing Costs – The costs of solar panel installations have come down significantly. There are plenty of ways to switch to green energy for your home that works for your budget. Our Solar Energy Specialists are trained to help you make sense of it all and help you figure out a plan that works for your specific needs, as well as average costs for switching.
- Solar Technology Improvements – Solar technology has made huge strides in efficiency and longevity too! More efficient solar panels mean that each square foot of solar panel can produce even more solar power. This is extremely important for rooftop installations with limited space for solar panels.
- Solar Powered Battery Storage – If you’re concerned about power outages, now is a great time to consider a solar battery backup as an add on to your solar panel system. Solar battery technology is pretty cool these days and it’s worth checking out to see if it makes sense for your home. Solar energy batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, will take any extra solar power your panels produce and store it for you to use later. So even when the sun goes down, your home can run on clean, green energy using your batteries.
Read More: Are Solar Panels Worth It In Arizona?
The Rising Cost of Electricity in Arizona: Take the Power Back
You may not have noticed how much your utility company drives up electric prices each year.
The worst part is that you’re at the mercy of what they want to charge you. And this isn’t going to stop in the future as the amount of fossil fuel energy continues to deplete.
While Arizona’s electric prices are just below the U.S. average, Arizona ranks as the 2nd highest prices in the western states after California.
So what can you do about it? Installing solar panels on your home frees you of being completely under the electric company control. And you can put all that Arizona sunshine to work for you.
Arizona Solar Incentives, Tax Credits, & Rebates
Concerned about the cost of going solar this year? There are a few great incentives that are specific to the state of Arizona that make solar panels affordable. In fact, Arizona has some of the best solar incentives in the nation. Be sure to read our full guide on Arizona solar incentives. For now, we’ve compiled a list of solar incentives you won’t want to miss.
Solar incentives available in Arizona:
- Federal Solar Tax Credit
- Net metering (Net Billing)
- Arizona Tax Exemption
- Solar Energy Credit
- Local Utility Solar Rebates
Federal Solar Tax Credit
The Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offered by the United States federal government is available to both home and commercial property owners in Arizona. This incentive provides a 30% tax credit for the entire cost of a solar energy system installation, including battery storage if added. Taking advantage of the 30% solar federal tax credit can cover a third of your solar energy system costs, making it a great time to go solar for homeowners. *
Arizona Solar Energy Credit
The first incentive for going solar in Arizona is a pretty significant income tax credit. This credit is equal to 25% of the cost of your solar system, up to $1,000.
And don’t worry, if the amount you owe in income taxes is less than the amount of your credit, the excess credit can be carried over to the next year.
Arizona Solar Tax Exemptions
Arizona is also known to have two different tax exemptions for going solar.
- Solar sales tax exemption
Not only will your solar equipment be exempt from sales tax, but it also exempts sales tax from being applied to renewable energy credits (RECs).
- Property tax exemption
The energy equipment property tax exemption in Arizona means your property taxes will also not increase when you get a solar PV system installed on your home.
Does Arizona have a net metering law?
Arizona has a law similar to net metering called net billing. Arizona replaced their net metering law back in 2016 with net billing, otherwise known as a feed-in tariff. What this means is that you as a customer will be credited for any excess energy exported to the grid.
The difference between net metering and net billing is that the credits the utility company offers do not have to equal the retail rate of energy. While this leaves the rate up to your electric company, it still means credits back to you for any unused energy your home produces.
By the way, one way around this is investing in a solar battery to save the extra energy your system produces.
Arizona Solar Rebates
In addition to all these tax incentives and net billing, the state of Arizona also offers a few solar rebates through the local utility companies.
Here is a list of participating utility companies in Arizona:
|Mohave Electric Cooperative – Renewable Energy Incentive Program||Utility||Rebate Program|
|Duncan Valley Electric Cooperative – SunWatts Rebate Program||Utility||Rebate Program|
|Salt River Project Battery Storage Incentive Program||Utility||Battery Rebate|
Will solar panels increase the value of my home in Arizona?
Great news if you live in Arizona: getting solar panels installed on your home will likely increase the value of your home.
In recent findings, an Arizona housing expert Mike Orr, an analyst with Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School, reviewed recent solar home sales in Arizona.
His findings: Solar systems purchased by the owner do add value, while leased solar systems can detract from a value or sales price.
So unless you’re planning on leasing your solar panel purchase (which we don’t recommend), solar panels will likely increase the value of your home in Arizona by as much as 6%.
Says Orr: “I think it is fair to suggest that an owned solar system can add 4 to 6 percent to the value of a house.”
Best Solar Companies in Arizona: How to Choose A Solar Company In Arizona
How do you choose the right solar company in Arizona? Here are a few tips and things to look out for.
Choosing a solar company for your area can be intimidating, which is why it’s helpful to remember three of the most important tips when choosing a solar panel installer.
- Make sure the company you’re choosing has warranties in place. Not only on the labor but products as well. Keep your investment protected in the years to come with top warranties on parts, labor, and how much your system will generate with ADT Solar’s stellar warranties and Power Production Guarantee.
- Read reviews about the solar company you’re choosing. Beware! While you’ll see a bad review here and there (just the nature of open reviews), make sure a large majority of the reviews aren’t negative and stating the same problems over and over. Read ADT Solar’s reviews here.
- Choose a reputable solar company that’s been in the game for a while in Arizona. Again, this way you are sure to protect your investment with a company that will continue to be there for you in the years to come.
ADT Solar, Trusted solar company in Arizona
Since 2008, ADT Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service, and was ranked #2 for 2021 Solar Power World’s Magazine Top Residential Solar Installer in the United States. We are proud to offer some of the best warranties you can find in the solar industry and only use products that offer the same.
- 25 Year Labor Warranty
- 25 Year Production Guarantee
- 25 Year Solar Panel Manufacturer Warranty
- 25 Year Enphase Microinverter Warranty
- Thousands of happy homeowners
- Free Home Energy Audit
- Roof replacement if needed
Solar Panel Quote for Arizona Residents
If you’re ready to take the next step, or even if you’re considering what it would take to get you there, contact us to discover all your options.
We install rooftop solar panels all throughout the state of Arizona. Contact us today to see if we service your area and get a free solar quote for your home.Free Solar Quote
See What Our Customers Are Saying
“I decided to go with ADT Solar after speaking with multiple Vendors and couldn’t be happier. Paul was incredibly helpful and was always available for a phone call if I had any questions. I never felt like I was being over sold and Paul was very upfront about what he could or couldn’t do. Once I signed the paper work I was surprised at how quickly solar was installed. The installation team (All ADT Solar Employees) were very professional and FAST.”
– Daniel Colina, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
*Tax and credits or incentives including those provided by federal, state, or local governments may change or end. This can impact the amount of money you might save. Consult a tax professional to understand any tax liability or eligibility for any tax credits that may result from the purchase of your solar system.
**If you have taxable income and own the system, you may qualify for the federal investment tax credit (ITC). It is your responsibility to determine your eligibility and to apply. Consult a qualified tax professional for assistance and details.